FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Ended - Motion Passed: Renaming Car Rental Programs/Partners & adding forum
Old May 3, 2015, 3:57 pm
exilencfc

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
This might actually argue FOR a specific forum so that potential Über users could know where to look for information about the availability of service where they are headed. Similarly with the changing policies at various airports where Über first is, then isn't, then is again allowed to pickup, or drop off, or both. Hunting for the information now is a bit difficult.

I suspect that this is a business model that is here to stay, after first thinking powerful taxi lobbies would drive it out.
I'd say it's more an argument against a specific forum - you get local knowledge in destination forums and it's by no means certain that the people who contribute heavily to the destinations forums would also bother with the proposed forum.

That said, this approach only works if you do have local experts available - the proposed new forum could be used to collect and collate news and information from all over the internet which would go some way to compensating for any lack of local expertise.

I do agree with your last remark though and I certainly think there is room for talkboard to reconsider FT's whole approach to ground travel.