FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Tysons Corner Center REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 1, 2015, 10:03 pm
monitor
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
It may be a case where the property understands there are a number of decent eating establishments in the mall (a couple minutes walk) and providing a top class hotel restaurant is not feasible/profitable. I can't blame them for this decision. Is a bit early to call this a major failing - that may change once it gets over its teething period.
I do understand that thinking but one does not think that way if one is presenting a top-of-the-line full service hotel. Such an establishment, in order to be considered complete, must have a restaurant and room service whether or not it is profitable. Across the street, connected to the other mall, is the Ritz-Carlton which has definitely had problems with its fine dining experiments but which simply has settled into having something that is local and that has appeal to the business travelers who patronize the place and do not want to walk out into the mall for the chain restaurants that proliferate there.

Aside from a new restaurant across the street, everything in the mall connected to this Hyatt is a chain operation and I have been to them all many times with not one of them being worth a five minute walk from the hotel. They are no better than the average room service from almost any full service hotel.

So let us agree to disagree about this matter and let the TC Hyatt make a few coins off their beer bar while ignoring many of their company's best customers. I really cannot imagine anyone with some taste in food making repeat visits to that place.

Last edited by monitor; May 1, 2015 at 10:14 pm