FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Ended - Motion Passed: Renaming Car Rental Programs/Partners & adding forum
Old Apr 28, 2015, 2:33 am
kipper
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by bdschobel
I do agree. We just recently inserted a waiting period after the announcement before starting to vote. We discuss things for months before even making motions. I've never been involved in an effort where the stakes are so low and the movement so slow! Really!

Let me ask the naysayers: How much harm could possibly occur if we agree to open a new forum for ride-service companies and nobody shows up to post? Maybe we look a little silly? Jumped the gun? So what? We are making a good-faith effort to provide a home for really relevant information about rapidly growing new service providers. And we're moving too fast? I just don't get it.

Obviously, I'm going to vote in favor of this motion, having seconded it. And I hope that it passes. But if it doesn't, that will not demonstrate great thoughtfulness. It will demonstrate our inability to accomplish anything.

Bruce
My opposition is the same as it has been with other things... There is no plan to address the "if it fails" scenario. There is, technically, except TalkBoard has ignored that this year, so I doubt it would actually be followed in this case.