FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Voting Ended - Motion Passed: Renaming Car Rental Programs/Partners & adding forum
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:24 am
bdschobel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by CMK10
We're never going to get a universal consensus. We can wait forever and all that will happen is that nine FTers will post ten different opinions. The best we can do is do what we're elected to do: make decisions that as a whole, are the best for the users of this website. I felt enough discussion has occurred and the TB President who seconded my motion seemed to agree.

There's an election coming up in a few months, if people feel a slower process is better or longer waits or fewer new forums then I invite them to run. I have eight months left in my term and until then I'll continue to operate the way I think is best for Flyertalk and for the people who voted for me.
I do agree. We just recently inserted a waiting period after the announcement before starting to vote. We discuss things for months before even making motions. I've never been involved in an effort where the stakes are so low and the movement so slow! Really!

Let me ask the naysayers: How much harm could possibly occur if we agree to open a new forum for ride-service companies and nobody shows up to post? Maybe we look a little silly? Jumped the gun? So what? We are making a good-faith effort to provide a home for really relevant information about rapidly growing new service providers. And we're moving too fast? I just don't get it.

Obviously, I'm going to vote in favor of this motion, having seconded it. And I hope that it passes. But if it doesn't, that will not demonstrate great thoughtfulness. It will demonstrate our inability to accomplish anything.

Bruce