FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TVL code officially stay and night ineligible now? :(
Old Apr 25, 2015, 2:20 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by nachosdelux
Most leisure travelers don't have 1300 nights at Marriott.

I am not eligible for the TVL rate either, but I see markzz2's point
Well I am mostly a leisure traveler and I have well over 500 nights in about the same 23 years as he has garnered, and those stats are not so impressive and I don't travel for my living nor do I get to write off most of my travel as an expense as he does.

So he shifts his business away from Marriott -- they seem to be doing quite fine without him and most people now book their own travel for themselves, his is a dying business.

If others will give him rock bottom rates and he can earn personal points on them as well, more power to him, but the reason that some of those corporate rates undercut his TVL rate is as he well knows, Marriott and other lodging companies give that company a haircut because of the sheer volume they generate.

Given that I have well more than a 1/3 of his room nights given my paltry travel per year, his tally ain't that impressive and Marriott certainly agrees -- no volume discount to this guy.