FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Being "Literal" with TSA is fun
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:52 pm
BThumme

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by pinniped
But this clerk did none of those things. The clerk in question was professional and didn't take the bait, even though the OP was clearly taunting him.

Sounds like he "stuck to the rules" to me.

Oh good gawd, please stop it with the "liberty" stuff. I think most people agree it's totally fair game to criticize the TSA, comment on their tactics, and point out where the system can be improved. There are lots of threads here about legitimate misconduct by the TSA: that should absolutely be taken seriously.

But the OP's childish behavior isn't about "speaking out" or trying to enact positive change to the system. Hell, it isn't even an effective step towards the goal some people have of abolishing the whole thing entirely. It's just childish behavior, plain and simple. Like what my 7-year-old does what she doesn't get what she wants...
I agree with this. FNT is a pretty small airport, and outside of a small rush in the morning, it is pretty quiet throughout the rest of the day. I've flown out of Flint about 5 times, the staff there has always been pretty professional.

It's one thing for the TSA to try and waste your time and hassle you, but it sounds like the TSA person was trying to get you out as fast as possible. If you would have just shrugged it off for what it was (a random check), it would have taken probably 20 seconds.