FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Perth-Singapore resumes
View Single Post
Old Apr 23, 2015, 1:20 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by seat_4D
1) I understand it fully

2) you made constant "hub" references as a reason why there were no Intl flights out of PER in another thread, and in this one once the new flights were announced changed your tune entirely.
If you think that I have changed my tune, then plainly you have not understood what I have been consistently saying.

Flights like PER-SIN and PER-HKG are, for QF, flights from a place that is not a hub to another place that is not a hub.

That is why they will struggle against airlines for which the same route is a flight to/from a hub. So when SQ operates PER-SIN, that is a flight from a place that is not a hub to a place that is a hub. Ditto, if CX operates PER-HKG, that is a flight from a place that is not a hub to a place that is a hub.

Where have I ever said anything different?

Things could be different for QF at PER if it chose to make PER a hub. But PER does not naturally lend itself to being a hub, for physical, geographical and economic reasons.

And while we're at it, are there any other network airlines anywhere in the world that operate lots of international flights between a point that is not a hub to another point that is not a hub?

Last edited by DownUnderFlyer; Apr 23, 2015 at 1:37 am