FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:26 pm
Amex For Children Of Africa

Originally Posted by NoonRadar
I think you're way off. I'm guessing Target is primarily concerned about fraud, not me putting money with my legitimate credit cards (which is an allowed by Target tender of payment as of now) into a prepaid acct that is on someone else's name. Not very different than me depositing a check on a friend's checking acct; the bank cares to get the money and prefers to trace it (non-cash) but could care less if it is me or him/her depositing that money.

Besides just guessing, I've read at least one comment (probably on DD?) where someone was specifically told by a Target manager that the reason they lowered the daily load limit to Redbird (on that particular store) was fraud concerns.
I mean it's pretty obvious that target/amex is losing 2-3% every dollar someone adds with a cc. That can't be sustained in the long run, unless I am overestimating the amount of MS done on the redcard. It's the reason why most MS gets shut down, cause the fees outweigh the potential gains the company could make off of it.

I think you are saying they check the IDs because of fraud, which is probably true. I'm talking about the bigger picture, and how to make this form of MS last. The more saturated this gets, the faster it will be over.

Ultimately it's going to be a combination of "fraud" and fees that puts this to an end, but let's take advantage when we can. Checking IDs can cover both ends for target, which is why it's something that should be done.