FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do I actually get as Platinum?
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:43 pm
jsucool76

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by nccarguy
First off, I am not Marriott bashing. I like the properties, stay in Ritz Carltons 8-10 nights a year and am using 180k points for JW Marriott in Paris this summer, BUT... I am finishing night 43 of the year and got a suite upgrade at a Courtyard last month (who knew they had suites) but other than that just as likely to get parking lot view as garden/mountain whatever. I've asked for late(r) check outs twice and was left feeling I was was asking for too much.

Last month I was unable to use a club upgrade certificate from the credit card at a RC so used the Amex FHR benefit. When I checked in I couldn't believe being told I was upgraded to a suite as an FHR benefit. I actually asked if it was because I was RC Platinum....no Amex. So my question is, I like Marriott properties but do I get my 75 nights and then go for SPG or Hilton? Will I have a better shot at upgrades or extended check outs occasionally? Thanks.
What type of rate did you book for your ritz stay? And how did you go about requesting the club level upgrade?