FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pullman Hanoi
Thread: Pullman Hanoi
View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:17 am
gilbertaue

Programs: TK Elite, ALL Plus Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz PC
Pullman Hanoi

There's a Hanoi Hotels thread, but I wanted to post some pictures related to the Pullman Hanoi where I am at so have started a dedicated Pullman Hanoi thread.

Those who have followed my reviews know I'm a Pullman fan.

I booked a Standard Room and was upgraded to a Executive Room (which on paper is a double upgrade but is in fact a single upgrade to a Deluxe with Exec benefits - which are given anyway with Plat).

The building used to be the Horison Hotel and was converted to a Pullman two years ago.

Living in Asia and spoilt with lounges I dont tend to check in at the reception but make my way straight to the lounge. Everything was ready and I was presented with a drinks voucher (local cocktail, glass of wine, soft drink, beer).

Lounge wasnt too busy and was set up for the afternoon canape. Coffee was ok. Choice of food somewhat limited as opposed to the Pullman Saigon.

Contrary to what someone else posted in the 'Hanoi Hotels' thread, I did not have any of the amenities of an Executive room crossed out on the benefits page. That includes 3pc of laundry daily.

Also to note that if you are alone, you are allowed ONE guest in the lounge at no charge. A 3rd guest onwards will mean a charge of USD60++ (!!) per person (up to a max of 3 guests per day).

Room is standard "hotel design". Nothing special - like the Pullman Saigon. It does have a fairly long lounge (good as an extra bed for a kid).

BUT there was one difference. This hotel did not have a plate of sweets/fruits. It didnt have two plates... it had 5 (!!) plates of Cakes, fruits, pastries, local cakes. Let the picture do the talking.
ON TOP of that, it has a free mini bar. (Beer, Coke, Diet Coke, Green Tea, Pringles, Chocolate Bar) + the Espresso machine (not to be eaten).

One thing's for sure. They wont let you get hungry in your room.

I have also never seen Pullman branded water before. Something new.
One thing absent (not that it matters - but just for the lack of uniformity) is the typical welcome note from the GM.

So here are the pictures. ENJOY!

Last edited by gilbertaue; Apr 16, 2015 at 8:23 am