FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Update on Upgraded International Long-haul United Economy Dining [Eff 1-June 2015]
Old Apr 15, 2015, 9:45 pm
username
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by briank1973
Unless I read the statement by UA_Insider incorrectly, this does reduce the food offerings on longhaul flights such as MEL/SYD - LAX. There will be the lunch/dinner and breakfast meals, but no longer a snack midway through the flight. Granted, that snack wasn't great, but it came about 6 hours after the dinner service and was edible.

Now, you will have a lunch/dinner service about an hour after takeoff, and about 11-13 hours later, you get breakfast. This means that unless you bring food onboard with you, you'll have to buy a snack box if you get hungry in that time frame.
That is what I wonder too. Last time I did Y (LAX-NRT), the mid-flight was a small sandwich and ice cream. It was filling. With this (and I really don't see the meals get significantly bigger or better), I will have to bring something or steal something from the lounge

I think someone should invent a meal cart shaped vending machine and UA can just have self-service snack vending mid-flight