FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2015, 8:37 pm
Huntgas

Originally Posted by Brugge
I'm assuming you are trying to load your RB with your Citi cards. If so, it's Easy Peasy:

Call the number on the back of the card, and tell the CSR you want to give notification of some upcoming "large purchases". They will transfer your call to another department that handles this.

When you get transferred, tell them $3000 of upcoming "in store" "retail purchases". No need to tell them which store, nor what you are buying. Just the $ amount, and that it will be "in store, retail purchases".

They will approve your card for up whatever amount you told them, but its only good for 48 hours. So then you can go to Target 2 days in a row and load $1500 each time. Wait a few days, call in again, and tell them $2K this time. Then go in once and load $2K, and your RB is done for the month.

Yes, I know it's a PITA to do this, but it's much better than the FAs. After you do this for a couple of months, the computer should figure out that this is "normal behavior" for you, and you won't have to do it anymore. (YMMV)
Thanks to everyone who replied to my Citi woes...the pre-call seems like my best solution.