FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:21 am
RickyBobby

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, DL Diamond 1MM, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AMEX 2015 Centurion
Originally Posted by Brewer20
This is addressed first to the person described below trying to load in Ft Collins CO, but also to everyone...

I bumped into my favorite customer service lady yesterday at my primary Target. I wasn't loading yesterday, just shopping there. She asked me for some more information regarding the Redcard. Specifically, Why are people loading so much money on the card and what do they do with it. I explained that I personally use the card to billpay my mortgage and card payment, among other bills.

I typically load $1000 per visit onto 2 cards (mine and spouse). She and all the other cashiers I interact with appear fine with this.

The CS lady then told me about someone who tried to load the max (or possibly as much as $4000 per card!, I didn't quite catch it) on 4 cards. This person was not allowed to proceed with that load.

So while she, and the other cashiers, are happy to run these loads for us, she mentioned that management doesn't particularly like this product. They are asking questions such as where is all this money going and how does this benefit Target?

So let's please space out our loads a bit and keep things somewhat reasonable. I don't know where the line is, but if you have access to multiple Targets (and in Fort Collins, we do!), that will certainly help.

I understand people want to maximize loads to reduce target visits, but max loading 4 cards during the same visit draws too much attention; You have a whole month to load the card...spread it out.