FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What makes for good service?
View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 2003, 9:51 pm
Piratos

Programs: AC-SE (MM), Hilton-Diamond (lifetime)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Academic:
At the beginning of the flight, the i/c went round the cabin and introduced herself to each of the SEs and Es, then took their meal orders.</font>
I agree that this is a great gesture. It has never happened to me in AC domestic J. The most they have ever done is looked at my boarding pass and greeted me by name as I boarded and took my coat.
Last summer I flew UA 1st ORD-SFO on a 747. The purser came by, shook hands, introduced herself and said that it was a pleasure to welcome me, a *G member from AC. Nice touch, shocked the heck out of me. Another thing, they didn't make me put everything away during takeoff.

Another customer service thing I appreciate is the middle seat blocking that UA does for *G economy passengers. Would really like to see AC doing the same and while they are at it, adding E+ seating. It irritates me when I am sitting in a row with two other business traveller types while behind me retirees, likely on a Fun fare, enjoy an empty middle seat. OK, call me shallow and elitist.