FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Planning a TENeymoon
View Single Post
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:57 pm
Sapalas

Planning a TENeymoon

This is my first foray into the world of reward travel. I have been spending time reading the forums and researching different methods of earning rewards. I would like to get some advice/help when it come to booking a big trip for my wife and me. Please read the outline below and let me know any suggestions you may have. I will appreciate all help given.

Currently using AMEX Target RedCard to pay bills such as car and mortgage so I have been able to meet the MSL on the cards applied for.

Background
Graduated College in May '05, Married in Jan. '06. Being broke recent grads we were not able to take any kind of honeymoon nor weekend getaway. We decided that we would wait and on our tenth anniversary go somewhere nice of my wife's choosing. Neither of us are a world traveler, she's never had a passport and I have only gone to China once for work.

Desired Results
2 Weeks in Europe, split between Paris, Rome, and Athens (4 Days in each City)
Dates: May 2016, 6th-21st or 13th-28th

Current Plan
1.) Flights
Trans-Atlantic
Fly RT on American (MSP to CDG) in Business Class
We both have the US Airways and AAdvantage Personal Cards. Totaling 100k+ miles each person
Intra-European Flights
Fly PAR to ROM to ATH to PAR
Currently using Kayak to find cheap economy cash fares.

2.) Hotels
Paris - 4 Nights
Planning on getting Hyatt Visa Card for each.
Would use free night certificates to stay in Paris.
-Which hotel to stay at?
-How do you use certificates from 2 people to stay in same room for all 4 nights?
Rome - 4 Nights
Both have IHG Rewards Club Card - 70k points each
Thinking about staying at either Hotel Indigo or Intercontinental
-Suggestions?
Athens - 4 Nights
Where to stay?
What rewards could we use here?
Possibly Paris again - 1 Night
This is in case our layover/transfer in Paris is overly long.