FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hand Baggage Only on Interline Itinerary?
Old Apr 7, 2015, 11:03 am
CorSter

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
HBO tickets are not combinable with other sectors, so if you have one ticket for the whole trip then your BA sector should not be HBO at all. So I don't know how this happened, it may just be BA's IT playing up.

If a travel agent has stitched this together in one ticket then I'm not sure they've done the right thing. Either way, I think you can assume the YOW checkin agent won't be terribly clued up about BA's intricate way of doing things so I really doubt you will have an issue in that direction. On the return it may be more problematic, but I would hope the production of your onwards flight would assist you to through check at LHR.
I booked this directly with AC by phone, so no travel agent is involved - it's all on one AC through fare. I do have a multi-day stopover in London, so I will have to recheck my bag with BA prior to flying to DUB, which is my concern. That being said, both my AC segment and my BA segment do show up on BA.com so it's clear on both ends that it's a multi-airline itinerary. I don't even have much of an issue paying the £20 baggage charge if I have to, but BA.com is asking for $75 (not sure if USD or CAD) to purchase a checked bag which seems excessive.

My return trip doesn't have a BA leg or a stopover, so I don't have any concerns there (AC codeshare operated by EI connecting to AC TATL).

Last edited by CorSter; Apr 7, 2015 at 11:15 am