FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated cancelled/delayed domestic flights [2015]
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:14 pm
NewportGuy
Suspended

Originally Posted by wto605
Wow... I would have expected that from UX, but mainline?

Were you on it last night when they returned to the gate? Did you make any attempt to be reaccommodated UAs flights? Or was the AA ticket similarly priced? First flight had two empty middles (one E+ one last row), the other two directs had half a dozen or so empty seats. All ran on UA time (5~15 minutes late).

Your flight is predictably empty (weird they've left it on the schedule... they must need the plane there at that point) but it could fill up again if something goes awry tomorrow.

I doubt one would be able to buy a seat on it, but an SDC might be possible... might be the best way for a gold to get a CPU on a midcon.
Yes, I was on a paid F ticket (business trip) and any time a late SNA flight returns to the gate at O'Hare I look to the Hilton for a room and a steak dinner and reschedule for the next day. I made the mistake ONCE of being on a late flight that had to be diverted to LAX because of the 11pm curfew at SNA and vowed to NEVER make that mistake again. So I went over to AA, which operates more flights to SNA each week anyway.

But I was also curious if that delay qualified as the longest scheduled delay of a domestic flight.