FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best & worst Bourbon?
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:22 pm
FlyingDoctorwu

Originally Posted by thelark
FDW speaks the truth. 4R has been crushing it - still great availability and reasonable prices. No reason not to keep a few bottles on your shelf.
Originally Posted by thelark
Skip the small batch and go for the single barrel if they have it. Should be <$40.
I prefer the single barrel as well.. if you can find a store pick barrel that's barrel proof those are great... I love higher proof whiskey (usually 115-130 is the barrel proof) and Four Roses makes a good one...Also the geek in me loves the different recipes that Four Roses has... However, if you ever see the limited edition small batch please pick it up.... it's significantly more (~$80) but usually excellent. This years was good; the previous years amazing...

Originally Posted by exerda
FWIW, someone recommended to me blending the Old Weller 107 with the Weller 12 or Weller Special Reserve for imitation Pappy. I haven't tried it as I only have the 107 on hand. (This is the same someone who gifted me a small bottle of Pappy 20 for Christmas.)

Ahh poor man's pappy...

I did a 40/60 mix of Weller 12/Weller 107... it's pretty good but honestly I prefer the products as a stand alone...

FDW