FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread
Old Mar 24, 2015, 3:18 pm
YoungSoloTraveler

Programs: Jeff is Deaf
Originally Posted by SFO777
Indeed. Having just flown SFO-DXB-CPT-DXB-JFK this past week, I'm ready to move on. EK is not what it used to be. Adequate but nothing great. There are better airlines. Food and wines are not what they used to be. And DXB is becoming way too chaotic. Too many bus gates and inadequate attention to premium pax on the ground.

AS needs to come clean and remove EK First Class from its award chart.
I have to disagree with you completely on that one. I find EK soft product top notch. Their suite is also very comfortable sleep, perhaps the seat is not big as CX F, but its up there.

Friendly flight attendants, even the shower attendants could teach a United flight attendant a thing or two about customer service.

Food wise, just stick with the seafood and it is top notch. Heck my most recent flight they had foie gras + caviar as an appetizer.

And nothing beats a shower to freshen up after a long flight. Really gonna miss that post shower euphoria.

Ground food service is also top notch, yeah concourse A is big and impersonal, but has everything you possibly need.

Will miss EK F.