FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Walmart money kiosks(2013-2015)
View Single Post
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:34 am
Majuki

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
So are you clairvoyant and know what took place at your kate? I would think most of the time it's not knowing who and how much was loaded before hand that causes the problem.
Usually when I went into a WM I would look for signs of other MSers and approach Kate cautiously for the first few minutes. After 10 minutes or so I would start my loads. However, there were multiple times where where an MSer or other activity caused the red light during the initial 10-minute cooling off period. I've also had the line, "Thanks, but I'll try anyway." even after I explain that I've loaded and any additional activity will lock the kiosk. Sure enough... I come back a minute later and the red light is on.

There was one time where I had timed my loads and saw an MSer wreck a Kate before my eyes and scurry out the door in full view of the lady at the customer service desk. The lady walked over with an obvious look of frustration and even said, "I can help you over at the desk. People keep breaking this thing trying to use gift cards." I feigned a confused, "Oh? " while masking a gift card under my bank's debit card. Needless to say, I didn't return to that WM for awhile during that person's shift.

If I had to guess, I would imagine the velocity limit causes 95%+ of the problems we experience with the kiosks.