FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honors status earned by spending; Is it still fair for non-US residents
Old Mar 12, 2015, 5:02 am
ZenWorld

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
While as a non-US based HH Elite, I do not think it is easy and perhaps a tad unfair for us, but I believe HH makes a calculated decision to award such easy status.

Of course, this may change down the road, (maybe HHonors Credit Card only becomes a Silver), but all these decisions are driven by revenue management.

It does not stop me from patronizing Hilton because some had an easy time in getting Gold.

But I am disappointed with the Hilton Lifetime Diamond requirements to omit the award nights I earned through Hilton Points. Given I have no access Hilton credit card, all my HH points are hard earned through Hilton Stays, and when I "reap" my "rewards", I am penalized as all these award nights are not recognised in the Hilton Lifetime Diamond qualification.

I may reconsider my HHonors position because I do not wish that after 20 years of HHonors Diamond, I am still short of Lifetime Diamond, because my award nights are excluded.

Everyone does not have that many 20 years to waste. And yes, it is indeed a challenge to stay HHonors Diamond for 20 years, especially for non-US based HHonors. The reason for me to jump out of Hilton early, might just be due to this reason, and not cos there are people with easier access via US HHonors credit cards.