FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tropicana Las Vegas - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-NV}
Old Mar 10, 2015, 9:25 am
ILovetheReds

Programs: Diamond with Delta, Hyatt and Hilton. 2 MM and Plat with America (thank you citi:))
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
Arg. I have to go down to soul-sucking Las Vegas on the 21st for a couple nights, and the rate at the Trop is one of the lowest Hilton properties - if the resort fee isn't included.

I've stayed here a good number of times (Diamond guest) and have been sometimes charged Resort fees, sometimes not. Don't know if they ever ironed out their policy or educated front desk folks to have a consistent story on resort fees.

Has anyone been here recently to confirm or deny Diamonds get it waived? Any changes on the breakfast? (I used to stay here because of the included Diamond buffet, but when it went to the grab a donut at the coffeeshop, I started booking more at the Elara and ES further north up the Strip.

TDM
Someone in my office who is a diamond stayed there recently and was charged the resort fee and said the breakfast was awful.

He was charged a $25 PLUS TAX resort fee that they wouldn't waive.

He said the breakfast was a lousy selection of carb city choices from a place in the food court area. The breakfast buffet they previously comped to diamonds is now either a $12 or $15 PER PERSON upcharge.

The VIP lounge was closed when he checked in so not sure if that is still an option or not. The only plus is he did receive a jr suite upgrade.

The wifi was so slow he couldn't even download a couple TV shows to his ipad to watch on his flight. So not only did he pay almost $30 a day for a resort fee after tax for wifi which is a diamond benefit anyway, it was so slow he couldn't even use it outside of email.

He agrees with me that in the future he will just stay at HGVC properties when in Vegas.

If a free breakfast is important to you I would recommend the SLS. It's a nicer hotel and the wifi is decent