FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:51 pm
littlevoices

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
I totally disagree with the cab part of #1. The Harrison red line stop is just a few blocks from the Blackstone and could easily take someone to Grand or Chicago which would drop people right at prime Michigan Avenue shopping areas in less than fifteen minutes.
So this was my thinking as well as I'd looked on google maps and seen the red line. We tend to be a "go out once and then return" couple anyway. Good to see a local thinks the same (being European metro travel is perfectly fine).

If choosing the "best" is that perceived to be the Renaissance Chicago downtown? My corporate rate is $164++ so it is only a little more expensive in absolute terms, I'd pay 20% more for a better hotel (Since I'm unlikely to return to Chicago then for many years). However all the recent tripadvisor posts mention renovations (even if limited impact) which is why I'd discounted it and focused between the JW and the Blackstone. Would appreciate your view Andrea on that?