FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit for Cancellation of ticket
View Single Post
Old Mar 4, 2015, 5:26 pm
GeorgiaShrink

Credit for Cancellation of ticket

One of my GREATEST BEEFS w Delta is when they switch aircraft and my preferred seat is now not exit row but somewhere else. I simply cannot understand how - if Delta is SUPPOSED to be so "technologically advanced", they could not send me an e-mail several days before the "public" announcement of this so I could change seat numbers to get what I would like!

At any rate, that is only a part of what the thread is about. I had 2 Eco+ tix from ATL-CDG-SVO for May. I don't check w Delta.com daily - after all, I have a REAL JOB. So when I made a cursory check, the plane had been changed to a 747 (from 767) and there was only 1 Eco+ available. Naturally this was unacceptable to me and my significant other, and on the itinerary, Delta said there had been a change to it (both as to departure time and equipment) and said I could cancel (K class)(Non-refundable). The cost of 2 tix ~$2229 plus ~$350 for Eco+.
Well, lo and behold, when I check Delta.com today, I ONLY have a credit for $862 for both tix and no refund at all for the Eco+. I have been flying for years and am a MM. I have never cancelled a ticket before. Frankly, I was shocked at the low amount of credit.
Is this typical??