FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you cope with a long time spent away from home?
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:53 pm
malioil

Programs: BAEC Gold, Falconflyer Gold, The Ritz-Carlton Silver
How do you cope with a long time spent away from home?

I usually post in the BA forum, but as this is a general topic I thought I'd put it here.

I have always loved travelling and being on the road, coming from a small country with a native population of only 400,000, there was a limited amount of things I used to appreciate about home.

For the last few years I have had to spend months away from home at a time, doing productive work, but right now the melancholy is really getting to me. It's been 2 months since I last spent a week at home, and my next break is a month away.

I'm just sick of being in foreign places and not being able to return to my bed, my living room, speak my native tongue or mix with my fellow people, with whom I feel most comfortable.

Most of all I miss my parents, and cannot help but feel that I am missing precious time with them which I may later regret.

I only have to do this for another year, but as I work through the night I thought I'd share my feelings with you for I am sure most of you have felt similarly at one point during your time on the road. How do you cope with it and what advise may you have?

Last edited by malioil; Mar 3, 2015 at 8:58 pm