FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - easyJet increasing cabin baggage allowance
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:48 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Now we just need EasyJet to offer a free plus card to GCH...

I'm sure it'd be a good move - if people don't use it, it costs them nothing.
U2 are apparently piloting a new "traditional" frequent flyer programme. I am not well informed about the details but this was mentioned to me by people who have been approached to be part of that pilot. Apparently, it will be a relatively simple programme but one which will allow passengers using U2 with some level of regularity to enjoy some loyalty benefits for free.

In recent years, U2 has aggressively tried to target business customers. Their service for companies is actually often excellent. I do not fly them very regularly, but when I have, they would readily send invoices and even call me to check everything had been received. I also suspect them of highlighting known "business customers" (even without an Easyjet plus card) and typically giving them good seats (on the occasions when I did not pay to book a seat, which is most, I never got a middle seat and am typically sat in rows 4-9, which is effectively better than ET!)

Personally, I have no doubt that they are watching BA's careful attempts to lose business travellers and will make further moves to steal significant numbers of business customers from them.