FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skipped Over for / Lost Upgrade: "Late to Gate", Upgrades Already Processed
Old Mar 1, 2015, 7:52 pm
glostik

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLAT, MR PLAT
Skipped Over for / Lost Upgrade: "Late to Gate", Upgrades Already Processed

I was skipped over for an upgrade today because I couldn't make it to the gate agent fast enough. I have an ankle injury that allows me to walk at a snails pace. I was at LAX in T4, at gate 41 when she called my name, and I was departing from gate 48. By the time I got to the gate, she said because I didn't show up when she called me, she skipped over me.

She claimed she needed to ask me if I wanted to be separated from my party for my upgrade. What BS, I cant place my name on the upgrade list when I am flying in a party without specificially telling the check-in agent to place only myself on the upgrade list.

Its not the end of the world but that first class seat would have made the ankle pain much easier to deal with.

I am a MM EXP and the decision maker for my company when it comes to what airline we fly. I booked close to 50 flights this month alone.

Can I expect any kind of decent response from American on this?

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 3, 2016 at 5:48 pm Reason: Restore original post title