FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777 New Cabins - Deployment Schedule
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:10 pm
CGRA

Originally Posted by brunos
While CX seat might be different, and possibly a bit better than AF BEST, I think that I would be very happy to fly AF BEST. It definitely looks significantly better than BA except for the BA window seat.

I have flown extensively (say near 100 times) windows/center CX seats on 777 and A330 (seat is narrower on A330). That is because I typically fly numerous LH per year and also encounters LH planes frequently on regional flights. I often travel with my wife or colleague, so center seat is nice. If alone on a LH flight, I clearly prefer a window seat and do not hesitate to choose two adjacent window seats with my wife. But the difference is not huge, while it can be on some other airlines, like LX or BA.

CX only has 6 F seats, but most of the pax on most routes, like on any airline, are award pax. That is except on "rich" routes like JFK, LAX or LHR. Sp there is plenty of F availability. But they release progressively, so you have to be very proactive in searching, and they go fast. Also, CX often release to MPC members first and then makes it available to other FFPs after a few days. I have a MPC so I can check there.
Remember to book your CX awards soon as BAEC wil drastically increase the number of avios required on partner airlines.
Thank you Brunos for these info.
Sorry my message was not clear : BA in F (not J) better than AF J (including BEST).
I have an MXP-HKG booked in F but need a positioning flight from CDG, hopefully something will open up from CDG or LHR, we'll