FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Korean Airlines Not for Us
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2015, 2:52 pm
Pathfinder813

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by spearsba
A toddler a few feet from you bouncing around is simply annoying. Yes he was loud. The unsafe part is my business as if we hit bad turbulence and the kid becomes a flying object that may strike someone, then yes it is my business.

I have two children that have traveled extensively. We have not ever allowed them to "act out" on an airplane.

Its just as annoying as an unruly adult on a flight, loud, usually drunk and yes annoying.

My view in any class of service is to be respectful of those around me.
We need more parents like you. I simply don't understand some of the parents today that insist that they be their kids' friends rather than, you know, actually parent. When I was a kid, I never ran around, kicked seats, screamed, or did anything else. I read books or watched the in-flight movie and stayed quiet.

My mom and dad did a good job with me on that. Even now, I mind my own space, I help people with their luggage in putting it up in the bins if they need, not kick someone's seat for reclining, and generally try to be a productive and respectable member of society.

Bad parenting leads to bratty kids becoming idiotic adults.

When I have my own little mini-pathfinder, I'll love my kid but I'm still going to be a parent. I will not stand for bad behavior.