FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:02 am
illinidad

Programs: WN (CP 6x, A+ 2x), Marriott (LT Titanium), Hyatt Explorer, Hertz PC, UA/*A Silver
Originally Posted by Force of One
I'm going to hold off calling for a bit as I'm still hoping things work out (ex Target doesn't balance out, requests a credit on my behalf) I had a similar experience with a one vanilla card/drugstore on a card that didn't load so hoping something like that occurs soon. That said, I could be being completely ignorant of how Amex and Target communicate with each other and this won't happen. There is no chance I will just eat the loss without disputing it.

Is there any case to be made that dealing with Target is the best course of action? I spoke with a manager who clearly saw the charges were erroneous. Shouldn't they be the ones correcting this on their end? It seems to me it would add considerable more credibility by them contacting Amex.
Maybe I was lucky by simply waiting it out (see my posts a few pages back about loading $1k (load #1) fine but then had 500 (load #2) go missing, only to have the 500 show up in about 24 hrs when I tried to load again w/$100 (load 33)), but I'd suggest waiting as long as you can stomach it. No way would I eat a $1k loss either, so do what you have to do.

In my case, I have no idea if the $100 load had anything to do with the $500 appearing or if the $500 showed up between the last time I checked my account yesterday afternoon and my trip to the store. But, maybe loading a small amount (even just $10) might trigger it.

Good luck.