FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing
Old Feb 24, 2015, 2:24 pm
airzim

Originally Posted by entropy
I can't imagine any UA leadership adding TATL without re-hubbing the city. And they're just not going to do that.

Frankly, absent a (stupid) subsidy, I don't see any foreign carriers opening the route.

Maybe the gulf private jets coming to the Cleveland Clinic will sell passage to make up for the reduction in oil prices

As for the facelift, I think aside from a new coat of paint, the only thing the airport should be doing is paying down their debt, and rebuilding the rental car center ON the airport.
Agree completely.

I'm heading to CLE tonight and the rental car situation is awful. I tired to avoid renting a car in CLE given the facility is on the backside of nowhere, and not easy to got on/off the highway if you're not familiar with the area.

Although my favorite is the brick walls surrounding the narrow return lanes. Or the fact that as you exit the rental gates, you're immediate in a lane of on coming traffic with terrible visibility. I wonder how many accidents happen at this place?