FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:47 pm
ctownflyer

Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA EXP+LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, Marriott PLT, Hilton DIA, Hyatt Glob, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by wpr8e
As for PIT and CVG, those flights only work heading to a hub (AMS or CDG). The issue with UA is FRA is really the only logical option (perhaps BRU but likely not enough direct O&D demand).

The other item is DL uses the 757, which is really the only acceptable plane from CLE. I suspect that a 757 would have great difficulty making it to FRA from CLE in any reliable way.

Lastly, I would be shocked if BA went to any of those secondary markets without some strong corporate component attached. But if anyone could make these flights work would be BA from LHR.
UA is obviously not adding TATL service from CLE. At least not under current UA leadership.

BA has an LHR hub and could pull it off. There is a good amount of daily Europe/Middle East traffic from CLE and BA could siphon off a good chunk of that. Though odds are it would take an initial subsidy to make it happen.

Take the stupid money being spent on the CLE facelift and use it subsidize some needed flights I say