FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best UA credit card these days? [2015]
View Single Post
Old Feb 22, 2015, 6:09 pm
CO_Nonrev_elite

Programs: Million Miler, 1K - Basically spend a lot of time on planes
Originally Posted by Channel 9
Hi Folks,
I've had the old "Choices" UA card forever, but they killed that program (without telling me), I'm still earning miles but wonder if I can be doing better.

I travel a lot internationally and would like the "no foreign transaction fees" the new cards offer.

Are there any cards for the high mileage members that I'm not seeing on the site? Or what do you think of the current offers?

Thanks!
PS - Do 1ks still get the annual fee waived (I do on my Choices card).
I guess there are some other questions you should answer that would help narrow this down.

1. Do you spend a lot on cards and are you using miles for awards often ?
2. Are you manufacturing spend ?

From the branded chase cards for United, it's really just the explorer card which earns 1pt per $1 spend except for on United purchases which gets you 2pt per $1, and comes with a $99 annual fee. The United Club card gives you the lounge, and earns you 1.5pts per $1 for everything, and 2pt per $1 spend on United, but has a $395 annual fee

A lot of people like the ink cards. The Bold gets you 5pt per $ spend in a number of outlets (Office Supply, Telecoms etc). If you know you are going to spend $2000 per month on credit cards for example, you can use the ink card to buy $2000 worth of gift cards in Staples, use them for your monthly purchases, and earn 10,000pt per month instead of 2000pt. These earn Chase Ultimate Reward points that can be swapped 1-1 into United points among others (BA, KE, SQ, B6 etc etc). There are occasional transfer bonuses also.

There is an unlimited supply of ways to generate miles and stretch the intended uses of these cards. Online searches will be your friend.