FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fast Track at TLV
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2015, 8:46 am
zcat18

Programs: UA, Bonvoy, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by joshwex90
Honestly, I presume the assumption is that a married couple are likely flying together, so it would be rare to have a married couple with one in F/C and the other Y (whether or not that's accurate)
Yes, this was a strange circumstance. Long story short, this was a business trip for me that had been booked a couple of months ago, obviously on the company dime. Just a few weeks before departure, my wife decided that she wanted to come with me, so of course, her ticket would be booked with our own funds. J or upgradeable Y fares were not within our personal budget, so she booked a non-upgradeable ticket on the same flights as just a very functional means to get to TLV with me.

Originally Posted by joshwex90
To be clear, I wasn't shocked that in-flight WiFi exists. I simply have yet to see it active on the EWR-TLV flight on UA, and we all know how technology-averse LY is
I was also pleasantly surprised that wifi was available on the TLV routes, though I know that UA is now churning through its 777 fleet with wifi updates, which is a good thing.

Originally Posted by awayIgo
I guess the problem comes, what happens when it is a family of 4 or 6 and only 1 or 2 of them are flying Bus. or First. Where do you draw the line. At what point does it cease to become a premium service. I mean, there have been times when I feel the bus/first check-in line is longer than the Economy line, with so many on it for a myriad of reasons.
True, it depends on which model they want to follow. Most US airports will let anyone with status, plus their family/traveling companions, through the priority security lanes (TSA Precheck is limited to the individual holding Precheck authorization, though they will usually let Precheck holders' traveling companions go through the priority security line, even if they do not hold status). This does lead to unnecessarily long priority lines. However, premium cabin pax only, plus their traveling companions, probably wouldn't egregiously inflate the Fast Track line, since as you said, it would be rare that someone in a premium cabin would be traveling with too many companions not in J or F. That's just my 2 cents, though.

Last edited by zcat18; Feb 17, 2015 at 8:56 am