FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Transportation Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Feb 15, 2015, 6:07 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by buckeyefanflyer
Last year I had cancelled a AA flight and after taking the $200 fee AA sends a travel voucher in the mail for the balance. Can't use on line must call in but if you do not book in advance can't even do that must go to a AA ticket counter.
AA had a good fare for my return from FLL for today, I left Saturday on WN. The found the flights I wanted which were US airways flights via CLT. I went to the AA ticket Saturday morning and gave the agent the flights I wanted to book using the voucher but 2 of the agents I saw said since they were US Airways flights I would have to go to them to book it. I did not think that was correct since the fares and flights were priced on the AA site and all US Airways flights FLL-CLE on their site were priced more then $300.00 more.
Both counters were jammed so I gave up and just booked the flight on line on the AA site and paid for the ticket.
According to AA policies, you can use AA transportation vouchers to buy US prime flights, as indicated in the current Vouchers thread here as well as here on aa.com. (We'll merge this query into the existing thread soon.)

All transportation vouchers issued by American Airlines or American Eagle® are valid for travel on American Airlines, American Eagle, US Airways and American Airlines codeshare flights (AA*).