FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missing gift card and almost no response from Uber
Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:35 am
mizzou1

Missing gift card and almost no response from Uber

A few weeks ago, another person bought a $50 gift card from Uber and sent it to my email address. I was there looking at the screen when he bought the gift card. His card was charged and the charge posted to account. But the gift card never showed up, neither in my account, nor in his account. Neither of us received an email, whether for the gift card or as a receipt of purchase and no track of purchase can be found in his Uber account. Yet the $50 charge from Uber is right there in his credit card statement.
The only way to contact Uber is by email or messages through an online form. We sent them messages and received a response that the issue will be investigated. Several days have passed and we received no update and Uber is not responding to follow up emails. I understand that the worst case scenario would be to dispute the charge with credit card company, yet I am puzzled why a company as big as Uber handles issues so unprofessionally and ineffectively.
Their decision on not having a call center does not make sense. Even then, not having a call center does not mean they cannot initiate a call to customers to resolve complicated issues. But they don't do so.
I am having a hard time to believe I can rely on Uber for a timely help and support when something goes wrong.

Last edited by mizzou1; Feb 10, 2015 at 6:53 am