FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hotels? for 1K irrops (WX, MX, ...)? [Consolidated Q&A 2015-forward]
Old Feb 8, 2015, 5:45 pm
Tacomabob

I was on a cancelled LAX-SEA 10 days ago. It was a connection from PSP-LAX. Flight was cancelled because the 319 was not rated to land in the low clouds in Seattle that night. The pilot confirmed this on the special make-up flight the next morning on the same plane.

The agent at the United Club told me they don't give hotel rooms for weather cancelations.. I asked if they had changed the policy for 1K's. She acted like she had never even heard of the policy. Her coworker told her to call the supervisor. The conversation resulting in a quick yes. They put me up at The Concourse right next to the airport on Century.

When I complained to 1K Voice about them canceling the flight due to flying antique planes (without modern navigation to land in the fog at Seattle), I also asked about the 1K weather policy. The response was they would educate the agents in the United Club, not that the policy has changed.