FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:56 am
citro
Suspended

Originally Posted by nux
Are you choosing Finnair just based on price? What price is Finnair compared to a one-stop flight via Singapore, HKG or the Middle East on the likes of:
Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Qantas,..?

Also, haven't you already booked your flights? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post24270875

-----
Not yet. Only gathering some information at this stage. Just wanting to know first.
-----

Finnair doesn't offer First, only Business Class.
http://www.finnair.com/int/gb/travel-classes

-----
Thanks. I just mainly choose Expedia and the first time ever shows me finnair when i do the berlin thing from australia. So finnair comes up first. If i scroll down the price goes higher for different airlines.

-----

Finnair doesn't fly to Australia, so you will most likely be on a Qantas aircraft to Singapore in business.
Singapore to Helsinki you will be on a Finnair aircraft in business class.
Helsinki to Berlin you will be on a shorthaul aircraft in business class.

That is odd. I just muck around with expedia. And did the dates. If i was to choose business class it only shows domestic seats from australia-singapore. But then it shows that from singapore (finnair) will get me on business class. But only domestic from australia to singapore. And singapore been the next destination where i have to catch the next plane anyways.

Shorthaul business class in Europe on most carriers is just the same seats as economy with the middle seat blocked.

With the flype that i got on last time from helsinki to berlin. I think there was a bigger seat at the very front business class perhaps ? but didn't look that exciting on a smaller plane by finnair. So business class seat on this smaller airline are only at the front ? Only by 2 seats for business class next to the domestic seats.

Can you provide a screeshot? I think you'll find it is Qantas business class.
Last time i went with finnair. When i was in singapore to get on the finnair. If i remember, They announce VIP first to line up. Or Business first to line up to hope on the plane. I went domestic all domestic passengers had to wait more then 10minutes till the other first VIP or buisness people get on the plane first

So what was this VIP ? is that suppose to be for these who has a business seat ? It happened the same when i flew with finnair again from helsinki back to asia.

I think they announce special or vip or business or class people first. Not sure what it was meant. But these people just lined up first and got on the plane quickly.

Has anyone notice that ? Maybe it didnt said Business but i think VIP or special class or soemthing. Anyhow someone may tell me this.

Last edited by oliver2002; Jun 24, 2015 at 7:52 am