FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Australia to Europe. citro's AY Travel Questions
Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:04 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Are you choosing Finnair just based on price? What price is Finnair compared to a one-stop flight via Singapore, HKG or the Middle East on the likes of:
Cathay Pacific, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, Qantas,..?

Also, haven't you already booked your flights? http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...l#post24270875

Originally Posted by citro
Q1: Im a solo independent holiday traveler. Ive always been with domestic flights. And want to try out business/first class seats. Which one should i be actually looking for business class or First class ? I am a non business person.
Finnair doesn't offer First, only Business Class.
http://www.finnair.com/int/gb/travel-classes

Q2: Im from australia. I be heading to berlin. With finnair i choose for will get me to singapore first and from singapore to finland in helsinki then i change a smaller plane part of finnair to get me to berlin next. The smaller plane from helsinki to berlin did not look that excited. So does this mean i will still be seating on a business/first class to this route as well or choose not to do so ?
Finnair doesn't fly to Australia, so you will most likely be on a Qantas aircraft to Singapore in business.
Singapore to Helsinki you will be on a Finnair aircraft in business class.
Helsinki to Berlin you will be on a shorthaul aircraft in business class.

The most important is the long haul to get to europe and wish to get a business/first class but things like helinski to berlin for that type of seat did not look that impressive on a small plane as i remember going to berlin on domestic and there was only i think 2 business/first class seat at the front which didn't look impressive compare to the rest of the domestic seats.
Shorthaul business class in Europe on most carriers is just the same seats as economy with the middle seat blocked.

Q3: I did muck around with expedia the other day and it seems that australia to singapore will only be domestic seats only. (not busines/first class seats) I wonder why ? But yes it will from singapore to europe.
Can you provide a screeshot? I think you'll find it is Qantas business class.