FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Jan 31, 2015, 6:03 pm
Cmdm789

Originally Posted by doldrim
As if it wasn't hard enough to find stores in NC that are able to load redbird, I've now maybe lost one of the few where it actually does work.

Went in during lunch to load at the desk, CSR tells me "new policy, we do not accept CC for loading". I tried to explain how i've done it before and other stores allow it, etc. I say please try on the register anyway, as it would be blocked if not allowed. No dice.

Manager happens to walk by, she hears and says "we can't load CCs with CCs". I then explained it's not a CC, yes I know the Redcard CC can't be, but this is different. "Debit cards are the same as credit cards, it is against policy", "other stores are breaking policy then", "even if register allows it, I won't".

She asks if I want to see the policy, which states that "Credit cards cant be loaded with credit cards". So, she'll continue calling this a credit card regardless. She knew what it was too, as she knew the exact limits "You can feel free to load $2500/day, $5k/mo with cash". Once again, try to convince her this is not a credit card, but she is not having it. She specifically said there is no difference in credit and debit cards, that debit cards are "basically just secured credit cards". Left the store, will try again in a few weeks. Sigh.
Is this store off highway 55? If so, they won't let CC load RB?