FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA mileage earning on AC (Air Canada) operated flights [ARCHIVE]
Old Jan 31, 2015, 7:36 am
dts9

Mileage Plus GOLD - reduced points on travel with AC United States to Canada

I have United GOLD status and am working on the next level this year...

Recently I booked a UA codeshare flight from DCA to YYZ on an Air Canada flight with a united code share flight number. It was ticketed as Air Canada economy, class T.

Flight is 359 miles and I was expecting 500 minimum PQM and 1 segment.

However, when I checked I only received 125 PQM and no segments and no qualifying cash dollars. I was referred by mileageplus support to a United site where it showed that class T on air canada (discount economy) only received 125 PQM when flying from US to Canada, or within Canada, even if a code share flight, and no matter how many miles you fly. Same 125 PQM from Chicago to Toronto, as for Newark to Vancouver..

I have several United code share flights coming up from the east coast to vancouver and if I only get 125 PQM on a cross continent flight, it would make more sense to earn AC miles....

I was shocked, but if this really is the case, i will need to only book United flights and stay away from Air Canada... so much for the Star Alliance....