FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Upgrade Availability Discussion (consolidated)
Old Jan 29, 2015, 10:37 pm
mikelat

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chaos37
Not sure if this is the right place for this, but this past Sunday I was flying DFW>MIA. I was #3 on the upgrade list, so before boarding I asked if FC had checked in full. I was told it was so, so I proceeded to board and make my way to my seat. Right before takeoff, the gate agent came down and asked a person close to me if they were an executive platinum and handed them a new boarding pass. I thought nothing of it and assumed he was #1 or 2 on the list. Upon landing in MIA, my AA mobile app alerted that my seat changed. Apparently I was upgraded to FC and not told, or upgraded to FC and my boarding pass was given to the wrong person. Is this common? Should I seek any recourse for this?
You can write AA to complain if you like. People have had mixed experiences with getting their upgrades once they board. The agent probably should have come to get you but they don't always do that.