FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Where's American Airlines based? CEO corrects himself in earnings call
Old Jan 29, 2015, 8:31 am
phlwookie

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by Dadaluma83
Really to everyone who doesn't live in Dallas you are strange if you say you are from Plano, Ft Worth, Richardson, etc to everyone else you are from Dallas.
Yup, that was my experience when I lived in Richardson. Even folks in Houston didn't know where Richardson was. "Oh you meant Dallas" more than one said.

Originally Posted by fly747first
To me, the bottom line is that the CEO of any company should know where its headquarters actually are.

Then again, I have always believed that DP is not CEO material. Remember his brilliant idea that would bring US Airways lots of additional revenue every year by charging for water and drinks? That didn't even last 6 months.
I'll take a CEO that has a strong financial results record and slips up on a city occasionally over one who always gets the city right and delivers poor financial results. Whether the customer base loves or hates him (personally, I'm in the middle), he's had staying power as CEO as he's delivered good financials, which is what qualifies him as CEO material in the eyes of those who empower him to be in that role.