FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic Lounge Access when connecting CE
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:31 pm
Calchas
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by francismc
Well, emailed customer relations (from my partners account) regarding lounge denial and received a truly rubbish response:

"Thank you for contacting us. I would like to apologise for the delay in replying to you. I am sorry we could not allow you to use our lounge at London Gatwick airport on 25 January 2015. I can understand how disappointing this must have been for you. Please accept our sincere apologies for letting you down.

I have checked our records and can see that you flight from London Gatwick to Jersey was on a domestic sector. So you we could not allow you to access our lounge facility at London Gatwick airport. I realise that this must have inconvenienced you and I am sorry.

Many of our policies are based on comments we have previously received from our customers. We know expectations continuously change though, and this is why your feedback is so important to us. We have a manager responsible for our lounge access policy. I have passed your comments to them. They will look at all the feedback we have received and use it to help them improve the policy in future.

Thank you again for contacting us and for giving me the opportunity to respond. I hope that this will not come as too much of a disappointment and that you will continue to fly with British Airways flight in future.

Best regards"
What a disgrace

JER is not domestic
Domestic doesn't prevent lounge access

If people in BAEC really think this no wonder there are problems.