Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Lounge Access when connecting CE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Domestic Lounge Access when connecting CE

Hi all,

Was travelling from JER to GLA via LGW (CE from JER to LGW and then Domestic U class from LGW to JER) in a party of 3, all Bronze status except for me with Silver.

From reading FT, I understood that we were eligible to access the LGW lounge because we've all just connected from a CE flight onto another Domestic flight. When accessing, we were told that our party were only allowed to access the lounge due to my Silver status and the fact the lounge was almost empty.

Is this correct or misinformation?

Am travelling back GLA to LHR in a few days in U class Domestic and then connecting onto a LGW to JER flight in CE and would quite like us all to access the lounge in GLA. Will this be recognised at lounge entry or will I need to challenge it?

If so, is there any information on the BA website which I could point them to?
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
I'm pretty sure you should have been given access. In this case the Club Europe ticket should of given you access when connecting on the same day.

See the lounge access thread, scenario 4 would be your best example.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...uidelines.html
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL
If you were all inbound in CE then you should have had access.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: ABBA
You should, but it's a known problem with ba lounge staff - usually at heathrow.

Your silver status would not allow 2 guests.

Please complain so retraining and/or p45s can be doled out.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post21389145

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear all

I just wanted to clarify that tickets connecting to Club Europe from a domestic sector are eligible for lounge access. When this arose before we did re-issue the lounge policy guide to the lounge teams and also followed up with internal communications.

I have asked for this to be re-iterated to avoid this happening again. Many apologies for the issues this caused to the most recent poster on this

Warm regards

Nicci
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Apologies if I was unclear - this applies to flights connecting to and from a domestic flight and that is what is being re-iterated

Nicci
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC , M&M , VIRGIN FC , FLYING BLUE
how many times is this issue going to arise this year I wonder

I find it quite outrageous that what is a quite simple rule on lounge access that lounge staff cant get a grip of it although it does seem to happen more at LHR

OP you were allowed lounge access and you are allowed it on your return

if you are denied it complain in the strongest terms possible
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller

I find it quite outrageous that what is a quite simple rule on lounge access that lounge staff cant get a grip of it although it does seem to happen more at LHR

OP you were allowed lounge access and you are allowed it on your return

if you are denied it complain in the strongest terms possible
Many thanks, we shall see soon! Do you know if there's anywhere on BA.com where this is stated? Just so I have backup material should we be denied.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
were your flights through ticketed or one PNR to LGW and then one to GLA?

Were they award flights?

Last edited by scottishpoet; Jan 3, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmogdan
Many thanks, we shall see soon! Do you know if there's anywhere on BA.com where this is stated? Just so I have backup material should we be denied.
Ignore me, found it:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5...sengersac3.jpg
Old Jan 3, 2015, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
were our flights through ticketed>

Were they award flights?
Yes they were through ticketed. They were award flights but in U class CE to / from JER.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by mmogdan
Yes they were through ticketed. They were award flights but in U class CE to / from JER.
As far as I am aware award flights do not book J class on the domestic leg so no, I do not believe you were not entitled lounge access.

I await to be corrected by more experienced forum members
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:27 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by jacobitetraveller

It's so painfully simple, and so painfully simple to fix with a printer and laminator, that it's clearly a policy of BA, regardless of what BAEC say.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
As far as I am aware award flights do not book J class on the domestic leg so no, I do not believe you were not entitled lounge access.

I await to be corrected by more experienced forum members
There is already a huge thread on this issue and the OP's domestic sectors are in 'U' class which does allow lounge access.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:50 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by PETER01
There is already a huge thread on this issue and the OP's domestic sectors are in 'U' class which does allow lounge access.
Actually, Domestic U class doesn't allow lounge access - only Y/J. However, presentation of same day CE boarding passes should have been sufficient.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
Actually, Domestic U class doesn't allow lounge access - only Y/J. However, presentation of same day CE boarding passes should have been sufficient.
Are you sure as this was a redemption ticket so it can't book into Y or J?

I have always thought U class was the Club (CE or CW) redemption class which does allow access?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...flight-16.html

I've read many posts on here that U class is eligible as here but although the computer says no it is actually a class which should allow one access?

Originally Posted by ABZSimy
I came up against this on Saturday coming off a CE flight from IST connecting on to ABZ when I went to the Galleries North lounge. The agent who I approached scanned my BP and more or less said "computer says 'no'". I explained that I had checked on the way out with the agent at Galleries South who confirmed that I would be entitled to access on the way back, and that also it was a business class redemption booking. Her response was that "it's only if you're connecting from a long haul flight that you would get access here". At this point, fortunately the colleague sitting alongside reminded her that "if it's U class, they are entitled to access". A few more taps on the keyboard, and an "oh yes, I forgot about that", and I was in without any further discussion or apology. It's annoys me that I had to challenge this.
Originally Posted by ABZSimy
For anyone who may be interested, here is the reply I received from Customer Relations on 24th Dec, after I contacted them on the 10th:

"Dear ABZSimy

Thank you for your email dated 10 December 2013. I would like to apologise for the delay in my response. I am sorry to read that you were not allowed to access Galleries North lounge initially. It must have been very frustrating, as you found our lounge staff to be rude and unhelpful in the given situation. Please accept my sincere apologies, as this is not the kind of service you would expect from British Airways.

We, at British Airways, always try our best to make our passengers' travel experience a special one. Our airport lounges are a key aspect of Executive Club membership, where passengers can enjoy access to the comfort and facilities. We offer our passengers, 60 dedicated British Airways lounges, and through our partners at over 90 additional lounges globally.

I would like to inform you that access to our lounge facility is made available only to Gold and Silver British Airways Executive Club members, as well as to people travelling in First, Club World, Club Europe and on fully flexible tickets on selected internal UK routes. However, as your booking class was U, our staff should have allowed you to access the lounge in the first instance.

We're sorry for what has happened and can promise you that we take a serious view of this whole episode. We are taking measures to prevent similar problems in the future. I very much hope you will allow us to demonstrate the British Airways service at its best in the near future.

Best regards

British Airways Customer Relations"

Never mind, I appreciate the reply nonetheless. I have since become the grateful recipient of a Silver partner card, so I should have no more to say about this for at least the next year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.