FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Chances of Upgrade Clearing and Upgrade Availability Discussion (consolidated)
Old Jan 26, 2015, 11:28 am
danville 1K
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP - UA *G MM - HH Diamond - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tom911
Most of my 2015 upgrades did not appear on Expert Flyer. One that comes to mind is 3 seats LHR-LAX in March which is known as a difficult route to clear on the 777-300. EF showed zero inventory. I called a few hours after booking and all 3 of us were upgraded. I deliberately booked that flight as I'm traveling with friends that enjoy the MCE section in the 777-300 and one of them just can't sleep on planes, so figured worse case we'd have those seats locked in under my status and they'd enjoy the expanded entertainment choices. I seem to run across a lot less visible inventory on EF, but then when I call in and they clear me. Probably helps that I book a few months out.

Sorry for the confusion about your profile. Misread your post.
I'm on AA 136 to London later this week. Seats in business were/are pretty wide open all week. Very early this morning (5:00 a.m. or so) my upgrade cleared, but EF is still showing C-0 and I never received a seat alert from EF. Seating chart hasn't changed since this morning, so either the upgrade demand is low or others aren't as pedantic about checking their upgrades as yours truly.