FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Jan 25, 2015, 1:40 am
tassojunior

Programs: Lotz
Has anyone been successful at changing companions more than 3 times? Do they interpret 3 times per pass or 3 times per year? I've seen both in comments, even though it's supposed to be per life of the pass. (I've seen the "trick" to get phoney tickets to get past TSA but TSA scares me too much)

some data from my recent CP run:

1. I had all my Chase cc accounts closed (by Chase) 20 months ago but got new RR cards and new bonuses 21 months after having gotten the bonuses before. At least one poster says they got all 4 RR cards twice with bonuses in under 20 months.

2. To get the "filler" 6K points Wyndham is having a 30% discount sale now and their points transfer within a day. I also bought some Choice points but they took 9 days to transfer. For both you need to put enough leading zeros before your RR number for the transfer to make 14 digits. For most of us it takes five zeros before the RR number. Otherwise Choice won't take the number and Wyndham won't actually do the transfer.

3. For the $2K bonus spend returns aren't taken off. It's once you've spent $2K regardless of any returns. Returns only count against actual points. I had tried to do a return to delay my spend but was told on FT it wouldn't work and Chase confirmed that. I earned just 1300 actual points because of the return but got the bonus for having spent over $2K.