FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TK's Flagship IST *G Lounge [2015 onwards Master Thread]
Old Jan 21, 2015, 5:44 pm
FlyerGoldII

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pinniped
I've read a lot about this one...I assume it's for those flying 3-cabin F on TK metal only, right?

Did you sample (or notice) their selection of Scotch?

LH FCT still occupies the #1 slot for me. Only place I've ever been where I wanted to shoo them away when they came to gather me for my flight. Can you just hold the 747 while I finish one more Glenfarclas? They only have Johnnie Blue on the flight...
To my knowledge, TK only offers a business class premium cabin, not a first class premium cabin.

I visited this lounge about 10 months ago, when I was on a TK flight from IST to DXB. I was in the TK business class cabin. I am also a Star Alliance Gold member (through Air Canada/Aeroplan). However, at that time, neither my wife and my 17 yr old daughter, had any status with Air Canada/Aeroplan.

I agree that the setting of this lounge is the best I have ever seen. However, I have never been in a true first class lounge - so I do not know if the service or the refreshment options are better in those lounges, compared to this lounge.