FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:34 am
BlueHenFlyer

Programs: UA GS 3Million, Marriott/SPG LIFETIME Platinum - current Titanium, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
Whatever the criteria the return for Hilton is from customers booking extra nights with Hilton to meet the criterai, it isn't a philanthropic gesture. I will hit over 100 nights with Starwood this year by changinf stays in nice IHG properties to a low end London Starwood just to qualify for lifetime Plat then I can stop chasing increasingly irrelevant status with SPG. This is the return Hilton is seeking, short term improvements in forward bookings and income.
I agree. After being made lifetime Plat at *Wood, I stopped staying there and dropped my Amex. Have shifted entirely to Hilton, largely because it is easier to find hotels in smaller markets (and I hate the aloft chain). If Hilton creates a Lifetime Diamond, a load of those folks will move to IHG as they won't have to stay at Hamptons to make their nut to get a nice stay at the Conrad.