FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid REDcard (Target) 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Jan 19, 2015, 7:25 pm
ericdabbs

Originally Posted by bfwolf
Has anybody had issues with getting approval on their Barclaycard Arrival+ for a full $2,500 in 1 day?

My Arrival+ is new, I've only had it a couple of weeks. I just got my RedCard and went to Target yesterday and loaded $1,000 from the Arrival+ with no problem. Then I tried another $1,000 and was denied. So I tried my Chase Sapphire Preferred and was also denied. Turns out both the Arrival+ and CSP got locked due to suspect activity. I was able to get my CSP unlocked by just clicking a couple links on the fraud email they sent me, and then loaded $1000 and then $500 from the CSP to get to my $2,500 daily limit. When I got home, I called Barclays and got my Arrival+ unlocked too.

So today I go back to Target and load $1,000 from my Arrival+ no problem. But then I tried another $1,000 and was denied. So I loaded the other $1,500 from my CSP. I got home and logged on to my Arrival+ account expecting to see it locked, but that was not the case. So then why the denial when I tried the second $1,000 load? I'm not near my credit limit on it.

I would prefer to load from my Arrival+ vs my CSP so hoping I can figure out a solution here.
Your card is just new. Repeating transactions are usually flagged as fraud so I don't think your situation is anything out of the ordinary. To be frank, the fraud dept is just doing their job. Once Barclays start seeing large transactions from Target they will readjust their filter for your account and decline your transactions. I wouldn't worry about it so much. These are just growing pains that you need to endure for any new card.

Besides your CSP being declined does not have a direct correlation as to why your Barclays card got denied. I bet you don't use your CSP at all for any large transactions and this is the first time you charged a large amount on the CSP card. Best thing to do is any card that you want to employ any MS on, just start training the card and get through the initial fraud reports and talk to the fraud dept and you should be golden after a month or so.